Nowadays, using tape in hair extensions is more and more increasing. However, not so many people know the right way to take care of it. You can not take care of them like the way you do with your natural hair. In fact, the better you take care of your tape in hair extensions, the longer they will last. With our natural hair, it contains natural oils that keep the hair healthy, but it is not true with hair extensions. Especially with tape hair extension, a proper caring will be more necessery than ever.
Hair extensions must be cared for daily, and you cannot just only wash it and go. We know many women who have worn hair extensions from our company (MCSARA) for over 1 year and have reused them over and over without damaging. The key to their success is the way they take care of the hair every day.
Here are some tips for wearing seamless tape in hair extensions you should know:
- Always keep your hair extensions clean and untangled.
- Do not comb or brush the tape-in hair extensions while it is wet.
- Never sleep while the hair is wet. Always make sure that the hair is dry and pulled up or put into a braid to keep the hair from tangling while sleeping.
- Brush the hair with a special comb used for hair extension, not the normal comb. Be sure to brush properly as well as holding the roots to prevent pulling the bonds off.
- Use high quality hair care products but don’t overdo it because it can cause build up and tangling over time. In addition, don’t use any products containing oil, alcohol or ethanol since this can damage the hair and also the adhesive. Instead, try to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner as well as 100% natural hair products to keep hair extensions in the best condition.
- When working out or go swimming with hair extensions, be sure to remove excess sweat after that.
- When using hot styling tools, remember to use a heat protectant spray. The more you use heat on your hair, the shorter the hair extensions can last.
- Like keratin hair, do not use a flat iron directly on the tape because it will weaken the bond and they will slip out.
- Only use conditioner from middle to ends. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp and the root.
- Reapply the tape after 2-4 months to keep your hair healthy.
MCSARA supplies tape in hair extension with the best quality. All the hair which are used to make tape hair extension are 100% Vietnamese hair (made from double drawn type 2). The hair has a thick end while all hair strands are strong and healthy. The tape is very firm which helps the hair extensions not falled down during time of using. Besides, we also supply tape remover in case you want to reapply it.