Curly hair extensions require some maintenance and care in order to get their best longevity from the store. Some women won’t go ahead and take some extra precautions into taking care of their curly hair extensions including wrapping their head of hair through the night and not washing or caring for them properly. If you own curly hair extensions, you’ve more care essential for it.
Listed below are some quick ideas to help you look after your curly hair extensions
1. Tend not to brush or comb your curly hair extension when it’s dry. A lot of people do not realize the damage this may do to your own hair. Your wild hair is more susceptible to breaking off so when you try to comb through the curls when it’s dry, you happen to break off some hair ends tugging on knots and tangles. Only comb using a wide tool comb when it’s wet.
2. Your curly hair extensions need deep conditioning. Unlike your real human hair, curly hair extensions can’t seem to freeze natural moisture and oil created from the scalp. So to keep your curly hair extension its best, you need to pick a cold wash which uses cold water in support of conditioner. No shampoo.
3. Utilize a curl activator, curl cream or serum. The products formulated especially for curly textures to help smooth hair and leave gorgeous, silky look.
4. Tend not to blow your curly hair extensions. Heat and air combined will cause the head of hair frizz out. Instead, towel the hair and allow the curly hair extensions to dry naturally.
- Try not to use products that are alcohol based, it will dry out your hair.
- Natural products like raw shea butter, argan oil or coconut oil keep the curly hair extensions hydrated and moisturized.
- Deep conditioners once or twice a week is recommended.
- Use a wide tool comb to detangle the curly hair extensions. Always start detangle from the ends to root.
- Never use a paddle brush or bristle brush.
- Never detangle the hair when it is dry. Detangle the hair when it is wet with or without conditioner.
- Spray daily with a mixture of water and conditioner in a spray bottle to detangle.
- If blow drying, never aim the nozzle directly on the hair, it can cause shedding. The less heat, the longer the curly hair extensions
- Coloring the hair is acceptable. Just remember to moisturize the hair more.
- It is better to avoid heat. Heat is one of the biggest enemies of hair. The more you use it, the shorter your real hair extensions will last. Be careful with the use of the blow dryer, flat iron and curling iron.
- Don’t sleep on wet hair. Make sure that your hair is completely dry when you go to sleep. A good habit is to tie your hair in ponytail to prevent tangling as much as possible.
- Avoid long exposure to chlorine and salt water. Chlorine and salt water can cause your hair to tangle mat up. It is recommended to wear a cap if possible or wear your hair up to keep it out of the water. After swimming, it is the best to shampoo and condition your hair immediately. In general, it is a good habit to wear your hair up or in a ponytail when your exercise.
With these tips above, hope that you can choose the right and appropriate ways to care for your hair for the best quality and long lasting.