“Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun”- Brian Wilson.
The American musician has described summer associated with vacations and the outdoors after months of spending time cooped inside the house. In short, summer is the best time of our lives!
We all know how the hot summer sun is harmful to our skin, and we take due precautions for it. But have you ever given a thought about the effects that sun has on hair??? The sun can wreak equal havoc with our hair as well as our skin.
The temperature is rising, so is the heat and humidity. However, that should not stop you from experimenting with your hair. If you are in the habit of using hair extensions, it is recommended that you continue to do so even in the summer. As otherwise you would look different from your usual look.
As far as hair extensions are concerned the best hair extensions are Virgin human hair extensions. Because they are strong, durable and long lasting as compared to other hair types. They are also the most versatile to styling and coloring since their texture is natural strong and can withstand change.
So how does one take care of hair extensions in the scorching summer? Here are a few useful tips to keep your hair and hair extensions protected from the sun.
1. Go swimming, but braid your hair prior to swimming. This will help prevent hair tangling and breakage.
2. Braid and condition the ends of your hair extensions before hitting the water. This will keep the hair from tangling and prevent breakage.
3. After your swimming session wash out your hair and condition again. Then dry and style your hair as usual.
4. Always use sulfate free professional quality hair care products.
5. Opt for up-dos in the summer to prevent sweating and greasy hair – Some of the most favorite up-dos are the Classic Braided Bun, The Quick Tuck, The High Pony
6. If you like the braided look, then there are different braids that you can try. The Sleek Braided Pony Draped French Braid, Side Twist Fishtail Braid.
7. Opt for sun protection for your hair while sunning outdoors. Sunlight can cause the hair to dry out and fade color. Use a hair protection spray to keep your hair safe from sun damage.
8. Avoid blow drying your hair to prevent hair from drying out.
Let’s enjoy the summer with a beautiful hair extension.