Curly hair extensions should care as the natural hair that grows from your scalp. This hair type is considered as high maintenance. Please follow the simple steps below to keep your extensions healthy and beautiful and to increase the longevity of your extensions.
Firstly, we will give you its benefits and reasons why you curly hair extensions can be difficult to work:
- Some individuals who are willing to donate curly hair is far more challenging than straight hair. Therefore, to get curls or waves in hair extensions these are put in artificially.It is very rare that you will come across curly hair extensions with are 100% natural with no perming.
- In fact, curly hair extensions are more heavier than straight hair extensions, so it will come across problems such as tangling and dryness.
- As the hair extensions began as straight (natural wave) and have become curly through perming, any attempt to straighten or alter the shape will cause the curl to slowly lose its hold, so you will be limited to wearing the hair extensions curly at all times in order for them to last as long as possible.
- If you brush more, blow dry and straighten the hair extensions, the looser the curls will become, and the more unmanageable you will find the hair to be.
- For a long time, the curl will be lost together and natural of the hair extensions will be left, which means you will need to either straighten them or curl them to achieve a clean look.
- The cost of treatment of curly hair extensions is higher its straight hair.
Then, the following is hair care tips for curly hair extensions. It includes 7 simple and important steps.
- Wash your hair once per week/ a mild shampoo and follow up with your conditioner of choice. This step is very important because the products that you use on your hair (gels, curl creams, oils, etc.) will weigh your hair down. Shampooing will allow you to cleanse your hair of these products. It allows you to revive the original bounce and movement of the hair.
- Detangle your hair a minimum of twice per week. When detangling your hair, you make sure that it is completely drenched in water. Please, be sure to use a wide tooth comb while detangling. To make detangling easier use conditioner or detangling cream of your choice.
- Wrap your hair every night. I suggest that your braid, plait, or twist your hair down. Once that is done, wrap your hair in a silk or satin scarf or drag. Then secure that with a silk or satin bonnet.
- Do not go to sleep on wet hair without detangling it and braiding it down.
- Limit heat on the hair. The curly hair extensions are very sensitive to heat. If you choose to straighten the hair use a heat protectant.
- Use a combination of water and conditioner in a spray bottle and spray on hair daily to freshen up curls.
- Try 2 strand twist, braid outs, bantu knots etc. Curly hair extensions should be treated just as your natural hair.