How to apply and remove lace closure piecesNews2016-05-17
Lace closures – or simply closures – are special hair pieces in which individual hair strands are tied onto a piece of lace. The lace may be either beige or dark brown.
How to apply lace closure
- Cut double sided wig tape into the desired length. Peel one side of the tape to expose the adhesive and press to your skin around the perimeter of your head below the hairline, leave small spaces. Between the tape strips, to allow moisture to escape.
- Place the lace closure on your head and position it so that the perimeter edge of the lace closure lines up with edge of the tape.
- Pin back the closure hair, so that it does not get in the way during the attachment process.
- Peel the tape backing off to reveal the adhesive. Beginning with the lace hairline, attach the closure to the forehead by pressing and holding it to the adhesive for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat these steps for your sides.
- Once you have attached the lace closure to your skin, tie down your hairline with a silk or satin scarf to allow the tape to stick better to your skin!
How to remove your lace closure hair
- Saturate adhesive remover on top of the glue and lace of your lace closure
- Wait for the closure to easily separate itself from your skin. Use a Q-Tip to apply the adhesive remover/solvent between the lace and your skin. Be sure to allow the adhesive remover to completely saturate and the lace to release prior to trying to remove the unit.. The glue should remain on your skin, noton the lace.
- Remove any remaining adhesive residue from the lace and in the hair of the closure with glue remover.